Mission Statement: “The Health Services Executive is committed to maintaining a waste management system that is safe, efficient, cost effective and respectful of the environment”.
- To protect public health & safety.
- To provide a safe working environment to staff.
- To minimize the environmental impact of waste generation, transport, treatment and disposal.
- Reduce waste handling and disposal
- Volumes and costs without compromising health care standards.
- NexGen commitment from all staff and management to actively participate in;
- Waste avoidance
- Waste reduction
- Waste reuse
- Waste recycling programs
- To comply with Environmental, Safety and Welfare legislation and Policies.
- To adopt and implement the Waste Management Policy throughout the HSE.
- To monitor performance and review Waste Management practices at least annually.
- Develop practical guidelines for:
- Waste minimization
- Use of returnable packaging
- Re-usable products
- Recycling equipment within purchasing guidelines.
- Introduce a continuing waste management education program for all staff to increase awareness of Occupational Health and Safety issues and waste minimization principles. Adopt policies and procedures to minimize the environmental impact of waste treatment and disposal.